I was tagged by Andrea Whatever to do a post for Yvonne Foong. So I thought I’d do it this Hari Raya Adil Fitri when thoughts are more spiritual and less rooted in our day to day.
Yvonne Foong, 22, has neurofibromatosis type II, which has severely affected her sight and hearing due to tumours in the brain and spine. She is scheduled for an operation between 1 and 4 December 2009 in the US. The cost of surgery is RM154,770, and the cost of staying in hospital for two weeks is RM3219.
She has raised about RM74,000 of this and is hoping to raise the rest (another RM75,000) by republishing her book I’m Not Sick; I’m Just a Bit Unwell in English and Chinese. The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her web store. She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web store. You can read about her surgery and donate to her fund here.
You can also help by sending on this meme.
If you do, please follow these meme rules:
1. Create a blog entry titled “Meme: Save Yvonne’s Sight”
2. List three things you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne’s book cover. The URL is http://www.yvonnefoong.com/images/banner/my-story.jpg
3. End with the line, “Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com/.
4. Tag 5 blog friends. Be sure to copy the rules, OK?
[It is here that I have to apologise as I’ve broken this rule. I’ve not had time to obtain consent from 5 blog friends a the moment, but hopefully I will do so in time. To compensate, I took a photo yesterday which I’m dedicating to her.]
5. If you have a Facebook account, please check out Ellen’s new invention, a “feme” pronounced FEEM, a meme designed for Facebook here. And if you want to blog about NF, that would be great too!
Three things I love to see :
1. The Mona Lisa (again!)
2. Family and Friends (again and again!)
3. The World … at peace!
Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF). Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at THIS LINK
She accepts donations via PayPal and credit card. There is even a trust fund involved and a receipt can be issued for all funds donated.
It’s a good time to donate this Hari Raya!